Slider

"We Can See" Project - A True Celebration

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

About a month and a half ago, my good friend and inspiring colleague Angie Harrison (founder of the "We Can See" Project) was contacted by a writer for the Ontario College of Teacher's "Professionally Speaking" magazine who was interested in showcasing this incredible global inquiry that stemmed from one simple question, "What do you see when you look outside your classroom window?" Not only did this project begin with such a simple question, but it resulted in connecting classrooms on a global scale as our youngest learners began to inquire and learn about their communities and the world around them; a truly authentic way of connecting the big ideas in the Full Day Kindergarten Curriculum to the real world. 

(You can read about our involvement in this incredible project by clicking on the "We Can See Project" tab under Categories or by visiting our collaborative blog space: http://wecanseeprojectsharingspace.blogspot.ca)

Safe to say, I was truly honoured when Angie extended the interview opportunity to myself and another good friend and inspiring colleague, Joanne Babalis (http://myclassroomtransformation.blogspot.ca). Not only was this something I had never anticipated, but it was truly a celebration of our learning as a class and as a professional learning network of many educators from the 2012-2013 school year and I couldn't be more honoured, inspired, and thrilled to be a part of this documented journey! 

After checking my mailbox daily for the last week or so, the December issue of "Professionally Speaking" magazine finally arrived and I couldn't be more proud to see our journey documented for other educators to read about and feel inspired by! 

Here is the article for you to enjoy:


I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to Angie and Joanne for continuing to inspire me on a daily basis. I feel incredibly fortunate to have you both in my professional learning network and I can't wait to see where our next global inquiry of "Looking Closely" takes us! Here's to new learning and a wonderful journey ahead!  

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I have been fortunate enough to be a part of both these Global Inquiries and my students so enjoy connecting with other classroom to see our similarities and differences.
    We had so much fun last year creating our "We can see" I-movie. This year I have already created a "Looking Closely" I-movie from our latest park walk, however now that there is snow on the ground I can't wait to have the kiddos take more "Looking Closely" photos and creating their own I-movie.
    Thanks for the constant inspiration to dig a little deeper and create memories our kiddos will remember forever.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is truly an honor to have this mention on your blog. You inspire and engage me in learning too. I so appreciate your enthusiasm and desire to learn and connect. Thank you for pushing me in my thinking. The project was so successful because of the wonderful professional learning network we have developed. I look forward to the new Looking Closely journey.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan